Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Tomorrow, tomorrow . . .

Today is the last day of summer, tomorrow the first day of school. I should be full of motivation today, organizing school supplies, buying shoes, doing something. So far all I've done is clean the oven. This sounds better than it actually is, because it's a self cleaning oven and I just absent mindedly pushed the CLEAN button this morning, because it looked kind of grimy inside. There's also the nagging thought that cleaning the oven does nothing to prepare my children for their first day of (insert proper grade for each child here) tomorrow.

I've just finished my nasty Healthy Choice lunch, bleargh! Now Maddie has come to me with a short list of items, all obtainable at Walgreens. I've given Ben the all clear to go play with his friends - shoes can be obtained this afternoon. Maddie, Ellie and I are going to head over to Walgreens and get something accomplished today. Luckily for Sammy, his school started on Monday, so he's not stuck here in the doldrums with us.

No comments: