Sunday, August 06, 2006

What's on your fridge?


This is a picture of my refrigerator door, just a few moments ago. We've got multiple seasons of soccer pictures and one picture of Sammy from Disneyworld. There are dinasaur magnets, cow magnets, and a set of Lego Star Wars magnets across the top. I've also got an alligator from West Palm Beach, a starfish from South Padre Island, and sea turtle tile, also from South Padre.

The yellow piece of paper is a "Checklist for Happy Marriage". The items are:

1. Are we going on a date together once a week? (Going to Krogers or Home Depot doesn't count.)

2. Do we always speak courteously to each other? "Don't ever raise your voice unless the house is on fire!"

3. Do I say "I love you" everyday? Many times a day?

4. Do I exercise self-discipline and refrain from trying to discipline my companion?

5. Are we free of debt or working to become so? Do I add to the family debt with unnessary purchases

6. Do we share family responsibilities Follow WalMart's motto: "How may I help you?"

7. Is my first priority the comfort and happiness of my companion

OK - it's a little corny, but mostly true.

There's also my perpetual calendar - the four weeks are all separate, so theoretically you can erase the stuff on the oldest week, move it to the bottom and always see four weeks going forward. In reality, the last week currently on my fridge is July 3-9; I need to get on the ball.

On the far right is Mom's Cell:xxx xxx xxxx. Sorry stalkers, I blocked it out for publication.

So what's on your fridge? Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Kelsey Carreon said...

I like the list for a happy marriage, most corny things are true.