Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Christmas Highlights

Sammy placed the baby Jesus in our Playmobil nativity this year.


Our Christmas tree, with lots of handmade ornaments. The little kids call it "the Maddie tree", because she had made stuff for me every year, in preschool and elementary school. In our new school district, the kids never make ornaments, so Ben, Ellie and Sam are sadly missing from the tree. I attempted to remedy this, by making these:

The little colored bits in the bottom of the box are letters and numbers. I wrote each kids name and 2006 on the backs of the ornaments using glitter glue. Once it was dry, the glitter glue writing fell off at the slightest touch. I need to try a paint pen, I guess.

And lastly:

Ellie, Ben and Sam, patiently waiting to open their gifts on Christmas morning. We have a tradition of eating breakfast around 8:30 am, then we do the presents at 9 am. Sammy starts by getting a present from the tree, not one that's for him. After that gift is opened by the recipient, that person choses a gift. My kids wish we could just have a frenzy of torn wrapping paper and excited squealing, but I like to take it slow.

No comments: