Saturday, September 29, 2007

Homecoming 2007

We started out today at 9am at the nail salon. The I dropped Maddie off at home, while I trekked to the mall in search of a small silver purse to complete her outfit. While I was at the mall, Maddie called me in a minor panic, because she realized that her ticket to the dance was in her trumpet case, which was in her locker in the bandhall. Luckily, I knew there was a drumline competition today, so they would be returning to the school and opening up the bandhall to put the equipment away. I called Wes's mom to find out when the buses would be returning to the school, then went to wait for them. Finally, ticket safely in hand I headed home. Oh - I found the perfect handbag at the mall, for only $3.50 too.

Once I got home, gathered up the dress, jewelry and shoes and started getting her ready. Finally, with hair curled, makeup done and everything put together, we snapped a few pictures at the house. We also visited Mary Lou at work - she wasn't scheduled to be home until after Maddie had already left for the dance, and wanted to see her. However, on the way to Wes's house, we realized that we'd left the ticket (and Maddie's school ID) at our house. So, one more detour, then we finally arrived. Victoria and Justin joined us there, then we went down the street to another house, where we took more pictures, with a bigger group. Wes's parents drove the kids to the restaurant, and by now they should be at the dance, having lots of fun.

There's a slide show of all my pictures here, as well as some pictures from the game yesterday:
Homecoming

2 comments:

Granny said...

Maddie,

You are so beautuful.

Your dress is georgous and I love the hair.

Hope ypu had a fantastic time at homecoming.

Love,

Granny

Kelsey Carreon said...

MADDIE IS GORGEOUS!!!! I think she should seriously consider doing some petite modeling!! I loved the color dress she chose perfect for her hair and skin tone!! She really stood out among all those girls. Maybe I am biased but I think she was the prettiest one out of the group!! Maddie you are beautiful!!

Love Coco