Sunday, September 09, 2007

mmmmmm . . . Caramel!


This picture turned out blurry, but I still like it. Everyone's eating my instant caramel popcorn, which is a family favorite. I've never made a bowl that's not completely devoured in under five minutes. Heres the recipe:
Make 8+ cups of plain popcorn (I use an air-popper that I got at a garage sale for $1, a million years ago.) In a small saucepan, melt together 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/4 cup butter and 1/2 cup dark corn syrup. Bring this to a slow boil, then cook and stir for two minutes. Pour the mixture over the popcorn, in a large plastic bowl that has a lid. Stir it up, then shake the bowl vigorously with the lid on, until all the popcorn is coated. Eat right away, but watch out, it's hot. I have no idea how well this stuff keeps, because we've never had any left.

No comments: