Tuesday, March 01, 2005

DarkLord8005



Ben is drawing a picture of his new online gaming character , DarkLord8005, for Ellie. According to Ben, he tried to create a character named DarkLord8003, but the name was already taken. Kids and computers crack me up sometimes. More than once I've heard our neighbor say "I'll see you at the north ruins" as he leaves our house to go log onto the game at his own house.

My poor children are relegated to a Gateway computer we purchased in 1999 - last century - that runs Window 98. Last week, Maddie compared it to a cardboard box filled with gears made by cavemen. My kids know nothing of the dark ages, before DVDs, cellphones and TiVo. The way they take technology for granted and integrate into their little minds is amazing. After hearing me sing some old children's song this afternoon, Ellie said "Mom, we should make that into a CD, so everyone in the world can hear it."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When we were at Trent's parents house Mika was watching Dora and had to use the bathroom she called over at me to pause it and almost had a heart attack when I had to explain to her that they didn't have Tivo!