Thursday, April 07, 2005

Fender Bender


Mary Lou had a minor accident with our car today - I stuck this picture up here so Dave could see the damage. I'll delete it in a little while.

edit - I decided to leave the picture up - this whole episode was so irritating. Mary Lou was in a parking lot, when a Kindcare truck backed into her. She exchanged information with the drive, who neglected to inform her that he was actually an employee of the Firestone, where the truck was being serviced (at least that's what Kindercare thought). After a series of calls to Kindercare, then the Firestone we got that straightened out. Unfortunately, by that time the drive had conveniently changed his story to one where Mary Lou hit him. So now our car is banged up and we have no recourse, because it's our word against his. I've learned two things from this little incident:

1. Any accident I have, no matter how small will involve a visit from the police, so they can see the position of our cars and take statements right away, before people have time to concoct stories.

2. Firestone sucks. The manager of the Firestone was incredibly rude to me. They would not give me any information, and told me I'd have to call their Consumer Affairs department. He also refused to provide me with the phone number for this department, claiming it was in the phone book. He is a liar, as are his employees. No one ever provided a satisfactory explanation for why that Kindcare truck was cruising around a parking lot three miles away from the Firestone. I have a pretty good idea why though - the truck was parked in front of a Murphy's Deli when it backed into our car. Maybe other technicians had already grabbed whatever "cool" cars were in for service that day, so our poor drive was forced to use the Kindercare truck for his lunchtime errands. Why drive your own vehicle, when you can take someone else's for free?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is going on with the pictures of the Honda?

The Monks said...

Mary Lou had a minor accident in our car - I stuck these up here so Dave could see the damage. I'm going to take them down soon.