Thursday, April 07, 2005

Where's the Beef


We had a priority seating reservation at Hollywood & Vine for 3:30 on this day. That was pretty early for dinner, but way late for lunch. I had stuffed a big breakfast into everyone at the condo and made them wait all day, since this was an all you can eat buffet. Once we got in, it was fabulous. They had shrimp, roast beef, all sorts of entrees and side dishes. There was a smaller bar that catered to kids, with chicken nuggets & macaroni and cheese. I was even able to make Ellie her favorite - a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. There was a big dessert bar, with pie, cakes, cookies and an ice cream machine. By the time we left this place, we could hardly walk and were all ready for a nap. We also got tickets to a special seating section for the Fantasmic show that night, as part of the package I'd purchased in advance.

I don't think I've mentioned it before, but I'm a way obsessive planner. Before we left Texas, I had a spreadsheet with every meal we would eat on the trip. I used http://www.allearsnet.com to check out the restaurants at each park. Then I planned where we would eat and estimated the cost. I carried the printout around in my purse, and was something of a taskmaster about it. We had a budget and I wanted to squeeze in as many character meals and sit down restaurants as I could, which meant we couldn't just blow $40 at a hamburger stand for a quick snack. Food is pretty expensive inside Disney, but I think the pricier places are actually a better deal because you get to sit down and you get a lot of food.

No comments: